My Mom used to make the best Zucchini Bread when I was growing up. I remember it wasn’t nearly as common a thing back then, and at school kids and teachers alike would give me a look of disgust when I told them what I had brought for my morning snack. Well 20 years later it seems SA is now the one giving me that same look when I told him about this recipe… but then he tasted it. While grocery shopping last week, I saw a deal on zucchini and may have taken things a little too far (this will become very evident with the number of zucchini recipes I post in the coming week).
This bread is very quick and easy to make, it takes just 5 minutes of preparation time and an hour in the oven. It’s incredibly moist and can last up to 6 months in the freezer. I enjoy eating it straight from the oven, or for breakfast toasted and topped with jam. To ease kids into the idea of zucchini bread try adding a handful of chocolate chips into the first few batches.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups of grated zucchini well packed(should be approx. 2 zucchini)
- Set the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper, this will make removing it after baking much easier
- In a bowl sift together the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices
- In a separate bowl stir the eggs
- Pour the eggs, chopped walnuts and zucchini into the dry mixture and stir until well combined
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and put in the oven for 45 minutes I usually cover the bread with tin foil to ensure that it doesn't brown too quickly on top
- Remove from the oven when a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean
- Let cool before removing from the pan and slicing. Enjoy!