Coffee Ice Cream
This ice cream is outrageously good. Each spoonful feels like the height of decadence with its smooth and creamy consistency that tastes just like frozen mousse. I used to consider myself to be quite a gelato connoisseur, and I can confidently say that on a blind taste test you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between this dairy and refined sugar free ice cream and an espresso gelato served in Italy. I really like serving ice cream during the winter months as I find it to be a welcome refreshing dessert after a heavy meal (and there are more then enough of those this month!)
If you have any health food sceptic friends this is definitely a recipe to try out on them. Wait until after they have finished a bowl (or two) before revealing what its made of and wait for the look of shock.
If using shots of espresso try to make them as strong as possible to maximise the flavour, and if after blending it is too strong for your liking you can always add more honey.
Now let the month of decadence begin!
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Coffee Ice CreamLeave a Review »
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked for minimum 4 hours
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup espresso or 1/3 cup water + 2 tbsp instant espresso
- Place the ice cream maker bowl in the freezer the night before
- In a bowl cover the raw cashews with water and allow to soak for a minimum of 4 hours (and up to overnight)
- Once ready, drain the cashews and place in a blender along with the vanilla extract, honey, almond milk and espresso. Blend for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture becomes completely smooth.
- Taste and add more honey or espresso depending on your preference
- Pour the mixture into a pre-chilled ice cream maker and use according to the instructions
- Once the ice cream has finished churning serve immediately or transfer to a container and store in the freezer.