Pina Colada Ice Cream
In honor of summer (sort of) arriving in London this weekend, I decided it was the perfect time to start experimenting with ice cream. I had two requirements for my challenge 1) it had to be SCD legal, ie no cream, milk, yogurt or sugar and 2) it could be made without an ice cream maker because I didn’t have enough patience to wait 24 hours for the bowl to freeze.
I am so excited about this ice cream, it’s delicious, I mean seriously good. The consistency is exactly like normal store bought ice cream and the flavor is light and refreshing and perfect for a hot summers day. This ice cream is also incredibly easy to make, simply throw a few ingredients in a blender and let it whirl. The hardest part will be waiting for it to freeze, but be patient, it will all be worth it in the end.
Here are a few other ice cream recipes that you will enjoy…
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Pina Colada Ice CreamLeave a Review »
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- In a blender add the frozen pineapple, lime juice, honey and coconut milk and blend until the pineapple is broken down into small bits. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a container and place it in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours until fully frozen.
- Remove the ice cream a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften. Scoop into bowls and garnish with lime zest if desired.