Curried Cauliflower, Almond, Grape & Spinach Salad
Roasted cauliflower is one of my absolute favourite side dishes. It’s simple to make, healthy, and so delicious. Not convinced? Try this Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Sauce, it remains one of my absolute favourite recipes from the site.
I have been experimenting with different winter salad ideas and really wanted to create one that included roasted cauliflower. In this recipe I tossed the cauliflower in curry, cumin and turmeric before roasting to give it a delicious rich spice. Although this salad is vegetarian, the cauliflower is substantial enough to serve this dish as a main course to any carnivore.
I absolutely love the variety of flavor and textures in this salad that will have your taste buds dancing from the first bite. Crunchy flaked almonds, sharp red onion, sweet juicy grapes and tender, spiced cauliflower all tossed together and drizzled with a light dressing. I like eating this salad when the cauliflower is still warm but the flavours are just as good when it’s cold.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Roasted Curried Cauliflower, Grape & Spinach SaladLeave a Review »
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder*
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup red grapes cut in half or thirds
- 1/3 cup almond flakes toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey or other sweetener
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a bowl. Whisk together 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, tumeric, garlic and salt. Pour the dressing over the cauliflower and toss to ensure they are well coated.
- Lay the cauliflower out evenly on a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and golden. Flip the florets half way through cooking to ensure they do not burn.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, wash the grapes and cut into halves or thirds depending on the size. Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a bowl along with the spinach, grapes and almond flakes.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the remainder of the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the salad and toss with the dressing. Serve.