Tandoori Chicken & Grilled Peach Salad
Spring has not yet sprung here in London, so I am determined to take matters into my own hands and fake it. I have decided that the first step in pretending that its not 4 degrees Celsius and raining outside is to banish all cold weather soups and stews and reintroduce salads with lots of fresh fruit and veggies. I even contemplated bringing out the barbeque but realized that might be taking things one step too far, settling on heating up the sandwich grill instead.
So what’s in this “I wish it was summer” salad? So much delicious flavour! Tender strips of chicken which are marinated in a spicy coconut & ginger tandoori sauce. The creamy chicken is tossed with a salad of grilled peach slices, which are served warm and tender, and perfectly contrast the spice of the crisp red onion and fresh cucumber. The salad is finished with a slightly sweet honey dressing and toasted hazelnuts, which add a nice crunch to each bite.
There are so many vibrant flavours in this beautiful dish it’s guaranteed to brighten even the coldest of days. This is definitely a salad I plan on making on the barbecue lots during the summer months, but in the mean time, the oven and a sandwich grill work just fine.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Tandoori Chicken & Grilled Peach SaladLeave a Review »
For the Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp gram marsala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper
For the Salad
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 peach cut into thin sections
- 3/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 3 cups lettuce
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (sub for 1tbsp orange juice for Whole30)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl combine the coconut cream, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and spices. Add in the chicken and allow to marinate in the fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- In a bowl combine the lettuce, cucumber and sliced red onion.
- If using a grill, set to high heat, otherwise preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. To cook the chicken, place in dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or alternatively cook on the grill for approximately 5-6 minutes per side. Once cooked, cut into small bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients.
- Cut the peach into eighths. Set the grill or sandwich press to high heat and lightly grease with oil. Place the peach slices on the grill and cook for approximately 2 minutes until grill marks appear, flip and cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken and warm peach slices to the salad, toss with the dressing and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts before serving. Enjoy!