Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
This Sheet Pan Greek Chicken recipe has been one of the most popular recipes on this site for over 3 years, and with good reason! It really couldn’t be any easier to make with less than 10 minutes of hands on prep. It’s a great all in one meal and is loaded with roasted peppers, tomatoes, artichokes and olives, all tossed in a yummy sauce and cooked with pieces of chicken. Whether you are doing a Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free or just love food, this Greek Chicken Traybake is a great crowd pleasing meal.
Sheet pan recipes have become the star of my weeknight dinners. I am all about the low maintenance midweek meals that can be prepared with the absolute minimum amount of effort, taste good, and ideally be eaten as leftovers over the following days. This Sheet Pan Greek Chicken ticks all those boxes and more. It’s packed with beautiful healthy ingredients including red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, wedges of lemon and loads of garlic and basil.
WHY YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS SHEET PAN GREEK CHICKEN
- It requires just 10 minutes of hands on prep! After that place the tray in the oven and sit back and relax. It really couldn’t be any more low maintenance to make! This is the perfect recipe to try if you are new to cooking, it’s basically impossible to mess up!
- I have received so many comments from people who love making this dish for guests, it can all be prepared in advance and guests are always wow’d by how pretty it looks
- It’s naturally Gluten Free, Grain Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal, and with a few modifications you can make it comply with many other diets too (see details below)!
- There is so much flavour! The mix of herbs, garlic and oil seems simple but really gives the veggies and chicken a wonderful Greek flavour.
- Minimal dishes to wash, need I say more!
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT CUT OF CHICKEN?
Absolutely! While I prefer using boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, bone in also works well. If using bone in cuts of chicken remember to increase the cook time by 15 minutes
I DON’T EAT CHICKEN, ANYTHING ELSE I CAN USE?
Swap the chicken for salmon or a white fish such as cod or halibut. Bake the veggies in the oven for 15 minutes before adding the fish on top and then baking for another 15 minutes until cooked through.
HOW TO MAKE IT DAIRY FREE?
If you are on a dairy free diet such as Paleo or Whole30, skip the feta and add in small slices of potato
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPECIFIC CARBOHYDRATE DIET LEGAL?
Only a few minor adjustments can make this recipe Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal. Be sure to use aged balsamic vinegar (aged for a minimum of 15-years) and skip the feta.
CAN I ADD OTHER VEGETABLES?
Definitely! Other vegetables that would be a great addition to this recipe include asparagus, wedges of zucchini, cubed eggplant or baby potatoes.
WHAT SHOULD I SERVE WITH THIS SHEET PAN GREEK CHICKEN?
I love serving this sheet pan meal with tzatziki, it really ups this meal to the next level. You can use store bought tzatziki, or if you are looking for a dairy free tzatziki, try making this absolutely delicious one which you can quickly whip up with the sheet pan is cooking, and its vegan, whole30 and paleo too!
You can keep things simple and serve this sheet pan meal with a salad for a light meal. Alternatively you can serve it with roast potatoes or rice (or cauliflower rice). The chicken and veggies have so much flavour you can keep everything else simple.
CAN I PREP THIS SHEET PAN GREEK CHICKEN IN ADVANCE?
This Sheet Pan Greek Chicken is a great make ahead dish. You can chop all of the veggies and put them on the tray with the chicken up to a day in advance. 30 minutes before serving simply pour the sauce overtop and bake in the oven, it doesn’t get much easier than that.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVERS
Leftovers will last for up to 4 days in the fridge. I like to cut up the leftover vegetables and add them into a salad along with the chicken. You can even use any excess sauce from the bottom of the tray as dressing.
Love easy sheet pan recipes? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
- Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Traybake
- Salmon Nicoise Traybake
- Sheet Pan Moroccan Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Piccata
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon
- Sheet Pan Chicken & Winter Veggies with Balsamic Dijon Sauce
- Sheet Pan Mexican Chicken and Veggies
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken
- 1 21x15inch Sheet Pan or Baking Dish
- 1 red pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into eighths
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half or 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped feta (omit for Paleo/Whole30)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius)
- In a large baking sheet or roasting tray, add the chopped peppers, red onion slices, artichoke hearts, lemon wedges and tomatoes.
- In a bowl whisk together the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, paprika and oregano. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until well coated. Place the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and brush sauce. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add in the feta, chopped basil and olives. Pour the remaining sauce over the tray and return to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Check the chicken to ensure its no longer pink. Sprinkle with basil and serve.