Cauliflower Crust Pizza Bites
These Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Bites are super easy to make and you bake them in a muffin tin! Top with your favourite ingredients for a healthy treat! The topping varieties are endless! These pizza bites are Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
While I have always been a big fan of cauliflower pizza, I find the process of microwaving the cauliflower rice, forming it into a ball and rolling it out between wax paper a time consuming pain.
I promise this will be one of the best cauliflower pizza crust recipes that you will ever come across, not only are they foolproof to make, the base is incredibly sturdy and won’t self destruct in your hands. The cauliflower rice goes into the batter raw which means you can skip having to microwave it in batches and frustratingly spend time squeezing out every last drop of moisture.
A large muffin tin makes great 2-3 bite sized pizzas, but you could also use a mini muffin tin to make even smaller ones. This is also a great recipe to prepare with kids, as everything is contained within the muffin tins keeping mess to a minimum.
Two to three mini pizzas served with salad would make for a delicious healthy meal, or alternatively these would also be great appetizers to pass out at a party.
For these Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Bites I used a variety of toppings including sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, ham, red onion and salami but feel free to use any of your favourite pizza toppings.
Here are a few more cauliflower rice recipes that you might enjoy!
- Beef & Cauliflower Rice Mexican Casserole
- Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Soup
- Broccoli, Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Paella
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza Bites
- 2 cups cauliflower rice approx 1 small cauliflower
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan for SCD)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
Suggested Pizza Toppings
- Tomato Sauce
- Fresh spinach
- Sautéed Mushrooms
- Grated Cheese
- Red onion
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks and place in a food processor. Blend for approximately 1 minute until it becomes as fine as possible. Measure out two cups of the cauliflower and place in a bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients for the crust and stir together until well mixed.
- Using a cooking spray or paper towel dipped in olive oil, grease each of the cups of the muffin tin
- Place a spoonful of the dough mixture into each muffin cup and press down firmly so the crust is well packed in.
- Bake the pizza crusts for 10-12 minutes in the oven until firm. After 10 minutes remove from the oven and gently press with your finger, they should hold together and be firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Using a knife, run it around the edges of each crust and loosen them from the bottom of the pan, this will ensure they are easier to remove later.
- With the crusts still in the muffin tray, top each with tomato sauce and any topping of your choice.
- Place the muffin tray back into the oven an allow to bake for a further 5 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Once cooked, remove from the tray and serve warm.