Coconut Cauliflower Rice
I love serving cauliflower rice as a side dish with curries, stir fries and other saucy dishes because it soaks up all of the delicious flavours like normal rice. I usually sauté the cauliflower with just salt and pepper and let the other sauces in the meal give it flavour, but sometimes I like the cauliflower rice to have enough taste to stand alone.
This coconut cauliflower rice is absolutely delicious. It is amazing what the addition of just coconut milk and a splash of lime juice can do to completely transform the flavour. The rice is wonderfully creamy and has a nice zesty kick to it.
You could top this rice with some steamed veggies tossed in sesame oil and ginger for a light meal, or serve it alongside a more substantial main such as Sesame Salmon or Jerk chicken with mango salsa.
Give this cauliflower rice a try and it will quickly become a regular side dish for your weeknight dinners. It can be made in under 15 minutes and any leftovers stay super moist and delicious, unlike regular rice which becomes quite dry in the fridge so you can use it over several meals.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Coconut Cauliflower RiceLeave a Review »
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 white onions
- 1 small head cauliflower 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander cilantro
- Place the white onions and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the onions are finely diced.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet on medium high heat and add in the diced garlic and onions.
- Cook the onions for 3 to 4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- While the onions are cooking cut the head of cauliflower into florets and place in the food processor. Pulse until they are broken down into small rice sized pieces.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet, sprinkle with salt and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the coconut milk and lime juice. Cook the rice for 8 minutes stirring frequently until the rice has completely softened and the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the rice with lime zest and chopped cilantro before serving.