Roasted Carrot Dip
I am classifying this dip as a Fall recipe, but truthfully I seem to have an old bag of carrots buried at the back of my fridge all year round. That’s my first confession, my second is that the first time I made this dip, I was simply trying to use up leftovers from a roast chicken dinner.
I had an excessive amount of roasted carrots and decided to toss them in a blender with tahini and a few spices to create a dip rather then pretend I was looking forward to eating a massive container of leftover roasted carrots for the next 4 days.
The dip turned out so well that I made it again a few days later from scratch by roasting the carrots and garlic in a bit of olive oil until golden in colour with a delicious caramelization around the edges. Once the carrots had cooled I tossed them into a blender with the remaining ingredients and voila, one very easy dip.
I have been eating my way through batch after batch of this dip with slices of cucumber, radishes and crackers. It’s a healthy snack that’s great to have ready in the fridge for when hunger hits. If you have any roasted carrots leftover from a roast dinner you can easily use them as well, just make sure that they are a golden brown in colour as that adds a delicious richness of flavour to the dip.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Roasted Carrot DipLeave a Review »
- 500 grams carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk or water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Cut the carrots into 1 inch sized chunks, toss them in olive oil and salt and place on a baking sheet along with the garlic cloves. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the carrots are tender and lightly browned on the edges.
- In a food processor combine the cooked carrots, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and liquid and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with a pinch of smoked paprika, parsley or toasted pumpkin seeds