4 Ingredient Pea Dip
This dip contains just 4 ingredients, all of which you will likely already have in your kitchen. There is absolutely no cooking required, all you need is a blender and 5 minutes to prepare. With a base of peas, rather then beans, nuts or cream like other dips, this recipe is very low in calories but rich in minerals including manganese and vitamin K.
I am generally not a fan of frozen peas and used to hate eating them as a side dish, but when blended into a puree the flavour is rich and delicious. I only used garlic and good quality extra virgin olive oil to let the flavour of the peas really shine through, but you can add in a small amount of chopped fresh mint for an added kick of freshness. I used frozen peas but if your garden is bursting with fresh peas you can quickly cook them until tender and blend them instead.
I love eating this pea dip with carrots and thin slices of radishes, but it would also be great with crackers or even served on chicken or fish, it’s incredibly versatile.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Pea DipLeave a Review »
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint optional
- Place the frozen peas in a colander and run under water until they are thawed or alternatively just leave out for 10 to 15 minutes and room temperature.
- In a blender combine the garlic gloves, peas, olive oil and salt. Blend until smooth. If using mint toss into the blender as well.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.