Spicy Asian Green Beans
I want to start by saying that these Spicy Asian Green Beans taste sooooo much better then they look, so please don’t judge the recipe by these photos.
These green beans are so tasty. The whole dish takes less then 15 minutes to make from start to finish and requires just one pan. Although these are meant to be served as a side dish, they are so delicious and flavourful, they are sure to be the star of any plate.
Pan searing is my favourite way to prepare green beans. I find that cooking them this way gives the beans great flavour and a slightly crunchy texture which is far superior to steaming or blanching them. The key to getting the perfect sear is to ensure that the pan is very hot, and letting them cook until they are shriveled and slightly browned.
The beans are then quickly tossed in an asian sauce that’s packed with ginger, coconut aminos and vinegar.
I like finishing off the dish with a sprinkle of chili flakes for a kick of heat and chopped spring onions which adds a nice burst of freshness. This recipe is meant to be served warm, but I have been enjoying leftovers straight from the fridge and can attest to the fact that they taste just as good cold.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Spicy Asian Green BeansLeave a Review »
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 inches ginger
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams green beans
- 1/3 cup spring onions diced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- In a blender or food processor combine the garlic, ginger, date, coconut aminos, vinegar and water and blend until completely smooth.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil on high heat. Add in the green beans and stir fry them for 7 to 9 minutes until they begin to lightly brown and shrivel.
- Add in the spring onions and cook for another minute before stirring in the sauce. Sprinkle with the chili flakes and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes before serving.