One Skillet Chicken with Mushrooms & Tomatoes
I have to be honest, 99% of weeknight dinners in our house are salad. How boring is that? Every evening after work I ask my dear health conscious boyfriend what he wants for dinner and the answer is guaranteed to be “Chicken Salad”, to be honest I don’t know why I even bother asking anymore.
Anyways since being on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet I have found that I need to up the ante at dinner as I snack a lot less during the day. This is such a great week night dinner, hearty, full of flavours and ready in less then 25 minutes, with minimal prep, it doesn’t get much better then that!
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
One Pan Chicken with Mushrooms & TomatoesLeave a Review »
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 150 grams mushrooms chopped
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Place a medium sized pan on the stove over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Coat both sides of the chicken breast with the dried basil, salt and pepper and place in the pan. It should take about 3-4 minutes per side for the chicken to develop a nice golden brown colour.
- Once both sides are done, remove the chicken from the pan, place on a plate and set aside
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and diced onion. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and place a lid on the pan
- After 2 minutes add the two cups of cherry tomatoes and chopped mushrooms, place lid back on and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally (if it looks to be burning, lower the heat)
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan with the sauce and let cook for another few minutes with the lid off so the sauce can reduce
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve