Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken & Chorizo
I love the Spanish inspired flavours of this sheet pan Spanish chicken, chorizo and veggies. With a hands on prep time of just 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes of baking) this is an easy to prepare dish that’s perfect for weeknight dinner. It’s Whole30, Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I am a massive fan of the simplicity of traybake recipes. I love that they require zero time spent standing over the hot stove cooking, and the hands on prep time is usually under 10 minutes. This Spanish Chicken & Chorizo Traybake is a spin on Greek Chicken Traybake which is one of the most popular recipes on this site.
Red and yellow peppers, onions, tomatoes, chorizo and olives are all tossed in a paprika sauce and then topped with chicken. After 30 minutes of baking you have an easy, healthy and delicious all in one dinner that everyone will enjoy.
I love making double the recipe so that I have leftovers that I can enjoy over the following few days. The veggies and chicken are great tossed into a salad and you can even use any of the excess paprika sauce as a dressing.
How to make this Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken recipe:
- Place the sliced bell peppers, red onion, white onion, cherry tomatoes (which I like to leave on the stem because it makes them look pretty), chorizo and olives on a baking tray large enough so that they are spread out evenly in a single layer. Be sure not to stack the veggies on top of one another as this will cause them to cook unevenly and steam rather than roast.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, paprika and oregano. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the veggies and give them a toss with your hands to ensure that they are all well coated.
- Next place the pieces of chicken on top and brush them with more of the sauce. Then you are just going to place the tray in the oven, sit back and relax. Yup it really is that easy. As an additional step you could remove the sheet pan from the oven half way through baking to spoon some of the sauce in the pan over the vegetables and chicken, although this isn’t completely necessary.
Ways to change up this Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken & Chorizo recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs work well for this recipe, if using bone in remember to increase the cook time by 15 minutes
- Swap the chicken for large shrimp, salmon or a white fish such as cod or halibut. Bake the veggies in the oven for 15 minutes before adding the fish on top and then bake for another 15 minutes until cooked through.
- For those not on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, add in some slices of potato or cubed sweet potato to make this meal heartier
This is in no way an authentic Spanish dish and rather a combination of veggies, chicken and spanish chorizo tossed in a simple paprika sauce which is a common spice used in spanish cooking. The flavours really come together once cooked to create a delicious all in one meal.
Love easy traybake recipes? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
- Greek Chicken Traybake
- Salmon Nicoise Traybake
- Teriyaki Salmon Traybake
- Full English Breakfast Traybake
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Sheet Pan Spanish Chicken & Chorizo
- 1 yellow bell pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 white onion cut into wedges
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chopped chorizo
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 395º Fahrenheit (200º Celsius)
- On a large baking sheet add the chopped bell peppers, onions, cherry, chorizo, tomatoes and olive.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, crushed garlic, paprika, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour 2/3 of the sauce over the veggies and toss with your hands to ensure everything is well coated. Place the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and brush with the remaining sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove from the oven half way through cooking and spoon some of the sauce from the bottom of the dish over the chicken and veggies before returning back to the oven to bake.
- Check the chicken to ensure it's no longer pink. Sprinkle the veggies with chopped parsley before serving.