Asian Cabbage Slaw with Shrimp
There is something about a good asian salad that is so satisfying. Creamy, spicy, crunchy, a little bit sweet, a little bit tangy, it can tick every box. Personally I prefer the healthier asian slaw to the noodle version as cabbage acts as the perfect base to soak up the dressing. This salad makes for a great side dish, or topped with prawns or chicken is substantial enough to eat as a main. The dressing is incredibly good, I recommend making it as far in advance as possible to let the flavours blend and try not to dress the salad until right before serving to ensure the veggies keep their crunchiness. The best part; this recipe is packed with a variety of vegetables so you won’t feel guilty going back for seconds….and thirds.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Asian Cabbage Slaw with ShrimpLeave a Review »
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp honey (2 medjool dates for Whole30)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- handful of cilantro
- 1/2 cup of prawns optional
- In a small bowl whisk together sesame oil, peanut butter (or cashew butter), lime juice, coconut amines or tamari, honey (or other sweetener) and ginger. Set aside
- If you are able to find shredded cabbage at the grocery store then I recommend buying that for ease. Otherwise to get the coleslaw into very thin strips I cut it in half and then use a cheese slicer to shred it.
- Cut the carrots and peppers into very thin long strips, the thinner the better.
- In a bowl mix together all of the vegetables, including the chopped scallions
- Right before serving cook the prawns in a pan on medium high heat with a splash of sesame oil and lime juice.
- While the prawns are cooking, pour the dressing over the salad and toss. To serve, top the salad with a few cilantro leaves and 3-4 prawns. Enjoy!