Zucchini, Cheddar & Pancetta Muffins
Following my highly delicious Butternut Squash, Spinach and Feta Muffins, I have another great savoury muffin recipe to share. This one is made with zucchini, pancetta and cheddar and has quite an eggy consistency making it perfect for breakfast or brunch. The shredded zucchini keeps the muffins moist while the egg makes the muffins light and fluffy, and each bite is filled with salty bits of pancetta and sharp cheddar.
I like making a big batch of these on Sunday evening so SA can grab one every morning on his way to work. These muffins last for 5-6 days in a sealed container or can be stored in the freezer for a few months.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Zucchini, Cheddar & Pancetta MuffinsLeave a Review »
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped pancetta/bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) and line a muffin tray with paper liners
- In a frying pan over medium high heat cook the chopped bacon/pancetta until it becomes crisp (approximately 5 minutes). Remove from heat and place them on a paper towel to remove absorb some of the grease
- In an electric mixing bowl combine the almond flour, pepper, baking soda and lemon juice. Make sure that you pour the lemon juice onto the baking soda so that it reacts/begins to foam. Then add in the eggs, dijon mustard and butter. Blend until combined, but be sure not to overmix.
- Add in the grated zucchini, cooked pancetta and shredded cheddar and stir with a spoon until evenly distributed.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top with batter and gently press down with your fingers to ensure the batter is well packed in. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once golden on top, remove from the oven and insert a toothpick in the center to ensure its cooked through.