Greek Chicken Traybake
Traybakes have become the star of my weeknight dinners. I am all about the low maintenance midweek meals that can be prepared with the absolute minimum amount of effort, taste good, and ideally be eaten as leftovers over the following days.
As demanding as this sounds, this Greek chicken traybake ticks all those boxes and more. It’s packed with beautiful healthy ingredients including red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, wedges of lemon and loads of garlic and basil. Following less then 10 minutes of prep, everything is tossed in a Greek herb sauce and then baked in the oven for 30 minutes, so simple!
I love doubling the recipe and then tossing the leftovers into a salad for lunch the following day, I promise that these are leftovers you will actually look forward to eating. Just before serving feta and olives are added in for a creamy, salty boost of flavour.
I used large chicken breast which I cut in half, but boneless skinless chicken thighs would also work well. This recipe is incredibly versatile, if you are on the paleo or whole30 diet simply skip the feta, and if you aren’t a fan of chicken then swap it for white fish.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Greek Chicken TraybakeLeave a Review »
- 1 red pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into eighths
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half or 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped feta (omit for Paleo/Whole30)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a large baking sheet or roasting tray, add the chopped peppers, red onion slices, artichoke hearts, lemon wedges and tomatoes.
- In a bowl whisk together the garlic, olive oill, vinegar, paprika and thyme. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until well coated. Place the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and brush sauce. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add in the feta, chopped basil and olives. Pour the remaining sauce over the tray and return to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Check the chicken to ensure its no longer pink. Sprinkle with basil and serve.