Sundried Tomato Chicken, Roasted Beans and Feta Salad
I love chicken with a really great marinade that is full of flavour, moist and tender. With a bold marinade like this chunky sundried tomato and basil recipe, you can keep other ingredients in the dish simple and let the chicken do all of the work.
I quickly baked the chicken in the oven and served it with fresh cherry tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, crunchy pine nuts, creamy feta (skip if dairy free/paleo) and roasted green beans. This could be my new favourite way to prepare green beans, toss them in a splash of olive oil and roast them in the oven for a quick 10 minutes while the chicken is cooking, this results in a much richer caramelized flavour.
For the marinade for this chicken I use homemade sundried tomatoes that I roast in my oven, but you can also use store bought to cut down on time. You will likely be left with extra marinade which is delicious tossed into the salad. You may find that the marinade is enough dressing, so I recommend adding that in, tossing, and tasting the salad before adding the olive oil and vinegar.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Sundried Tomato Chicken, Roasted Beans and Feta SaladLeave a Review »
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 cups lettuce
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber
- 1 large handful green beans
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup feta cubed*
- 1/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a food processor or blender combine the sundries tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and the red onion. Blend until a smooth paste is formed and then pour the mixture over the chicken in a baking dish. Bake the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Place the green beans on a baking tray and toss with 1 tsp of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place the tray in the oven on a rack above the chicken and bake for 10 minutes. The beans are down when they are lightly browned in spots and tender.
- In a bowl combine the washed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta, red onion and pine nuts. While still warm, slice the chicken into thin pieces and add to the salad along with the green beans. Add any of the extra sundries tomato marinade left in the baking dish into the salad and toss everything together with oil and vinegar. Serve