Asian Chicken Skewers
These Chicken Skewers are marinated in a delicious and highly addicting Asian inspired sauce with lots of ginger and fresh lime juice. Super easy to make and so good! These Paleo Asian Chicken skewers are Whole30, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
These Paleo Asian Chicken Skewers are one of my easy summer chicken recipes. I love my marinades to have a bit of chunkiness to them so that little bits of the sauce stick to the chicken and give it added flavour. This marinade is made with some of my favourite simple Asian ingredients including ginger, lime, cilantro and coconut aminos and can be made in under 5 minutes with the help of a food processor, no chopping required! Ideally, allow the chicken to marinate for 4 hours so the meat becomes tender and full of flavour, but it will still taste amazing if you have less time.
If you are using wooden skewers I recommend soaking them in water for approximately 20 minutes, this should help prevent them from catching fire or burning when on the grill. Alternatively these chicken skewers can be baked in the oven for approximately 20 minutes for similar results.
Here are a few other chicken skewer recipes that you will love:
- Jerk Chicken & Peach Skewers
- Pesto Chicken & Tomato Skewers
- Chicken Yakitori
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Moroccan Chicken Skewers with Cauliflower Couscous
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Asian Chicken Skewers
- 4 chicken breasts or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 large white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey (omit for Whole30/Keto)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions for garnish
- Cut the chicken into 1 1/2 inch sized cubes
- In a food processor or blender combine the jalapeño, onion, garlic, ginger, olive oil, coconut aminos, honey and lime juice. Blend until a thick paste has formed and there are no large pieces. Pour the marinade over the chicken and add in the chopped cilantro, cover and leave to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours butt ideally overnight.
- Preheat the barbecue or a grill pan on medium high heat. Thread the chicken on to skewers and grill for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they don't burn. Pour any of the excess marinade over the chicken as it cooks.
- Serve the chicken kebabs topped with chopped scallions or sesame seeds.