Sun-Dried Tomato Marinated Chicken
I tend to always resort to the same Lemon & Herb marinade when i’m preparing chicken to grill, but I was inspired to try something new when I discovered a jar of old sun-dried tomatoes in my fridge. I combined the sun-dried tomatoes with garlic, oregano and red wine vinegar to create a marinade that’s really packed with flavour.
Although you could marinate the chicken for as little as 30 minutes, the flavours only begins to permeate the chicken after an hour. The more surface area there is, the quicker the meat will marinate, so if you are short on time, cut the chicken in half or slash the surface the with a knife. I personally prefer chicken thighs over breasts when grilling because they have more flavour and remain moist while chicken breasts can easily dry out.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Grilled Sun-Dried Tomato Marinated ChickenLeave a Review »
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 4 chicken breasts)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a blender or nutribullet container combine the oil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Place the chicken thighs in a zip loc bag and pour the blended marinade overtop. Place the bag in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 12 hours, flipping the bag over once so that the chicken is well coated.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Once hot cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side until there is no pink in the middle and it is cooked through. Garnish with shredded basil before serving.