I absolutely love how fresh these Key Lime Pie Bites taste. If you like the flavours of key lime pie or a margarita then you will love these delicious tropical bites. Each ball contains just 5 ingredients; macadamia nuts, coconut, lime, dates and a sprinkle of salt. They take less then 15 minutes to prepare and are completely fool proof. I love using macadamia nuts which add a delicious creamy crunch to each ball, but if you are unable to find them or prefer a cheaper option, cashews make a great substitute. Store these energy balls in a zip lock bag in the freezer and enjoying one or two as an on the go snack when you are in need of an energy boost.
I have received a few comments from people who have struggled to grind up the ingredients (especially the dried fruit) into small bits in their blender. If you don’t have a food processor and are using an appliance that might not be as strong, I recommend cutting the dates into small pieces and grinding them up first before adding the other ingredients.
- Apple Pie Energy Balls
- Coconut & Ginger Energy Balls
- Cherry & Tahini Energy Balls
- Banana Bread Energy Balls
- Tropical Fruit Bites
- Fig Newton Energy Balls
- ¾ cup medjool dates
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender add the dates and blend until they have broken down into small bits.
- Add in the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, lime zest and juice and a pinch of salt and blend until a smooth batter like consistency has formed.
- Once blended, scoop out tablespoon sized amounts of the mixture and roll into balls, depending on the stickiness you can wet your hands a touch to make the balls easier to roll
- Store the balls in the fridge in a sealed container for approximately a week, or you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months