Luscious Lemon Cream
Luscious Vegan Lemon Cream looks and tastes like whipped cream but is made with cauliflower! This stuff tastes decadent but is so low in calories! It’s Paleo, and Gluten/Dairy Free!
It’s a bold statement, but this is my favourite recipe on the site. That’s not because the dish is elaborate, fancy or an amazing combination of flavours. Nope, this stuff tastes, looks and feels just like whipped cream, which would make for an extremely boring recipe, if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s actually made of cauliflower.
Coconut cream has always been my go to dairy free whip to serve with desserts and dip fresh fruit in, but it is very high in calories. Just how high is high? One cup of coconut cream contains over 790 calories and 83grams of fat. The good news is that 1 cup of steamed cauliflower contains just 25 calories and 0.1grams of fat so you can eat this lemon cream with zero guilt!
The idea of steamed cauliflower in dessert can be a hard one to get over, so I recommend keeping that detail to yourself because absolutely no one will ever guess what its made of. The cream is deliciously smooth and airy, just like traditional whipped cream, with a much lighter consistency then coconut whip.
If you aren’t a fan of lemon, you could add in a different flavouring such as chocolate or coffee, but I love the fresh zesty taste that the citrus adds.
Lemon cream can be used in so many different ways. I love dipping fresh fruit into it, but you could add a layer of it into a parfait or serve it on top of a dessert. I often find myself eating the majority of it be the spoonful straight from the fridge, its incredibly addicting.
This lemon cream will last about 2 days in the fridge before the smell of cauliflower strengthens and begins to overpower the flavour so I recommend making it just a few hours before serving.
I am really excited for you guys to make this Vegan Lemon Cream, I think you are going to love it! Please let me know if you give it a try, I am looking forward to hearing what you think!
Here are a few other lemon dessert recipes you will love:
- Zucchini, Lemon, Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon & Mixed Berry Cupcakes
- Lemon Layered Cake with Strawberry Filling and Ombre Icing
- Pistachio & Lemon Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Lemon Cookies with Lemon Icing
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Luscious Lemon Cream
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Steam the cauliflower florets using your preferred method (microwave/steamer basket or shallow pan) be sure to cook the cauliflower until it is very tender. Once cooked place the cauliflower in the fridge to cool.
- In a blender or food processor blend the cooled cauliflower florets, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, coconut oil and almond milk. Continue to blend until it forms a smooth whipped cream like texture. Put in the fridge.