3-Ingredient Paleo Cranberry Sauce
This 3-Ingredient Paleo Cranberry Sauce couldn’t be any easier to make. All you need to 15 minutes, cranberries, an orange and honey (or maple syrup) and a pot! This is a great alternative to store bought cranberry sauce which is usually packed with sugar! It’s Paleo, Vegan and SCD Legal.
Let’s be honest, no one lists cranberry sauce as their favourite part of a turkey dinner. In my family, it was always a last minute thought, scooped out of a can as the turkey was being carved.
There are so many things that I am loving about this paleo cranberry sauce. Firstly, it is incredibly easy to make, put the ingredients in a saucepan and stir, voila!
You don’t need to cook the berries for hours at a time, 10 minutes max and you have a rich and flavourful sauce. I also love how simple this Paleo Cranberry Sauce is, it contains just 3 ingredients, cranberries, honey (or maple syrup) and an orange, that’s all you need.
You can customize this recipe to your tastes by adding more or less honey depending on how tart you like it. You can also mush the cranberries with the back of your spoon when stirring if you like the sauce smoother, or leave them whole if you like a chunkier sauce. I find that the flavour of this sauce only improves over a few days, so I would recommend making it 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
Here are a few other Thanksgiving dishes that you might enjoy:
- Caramelized Leek, Fennel & Onion Gratin
- Roasted Fennel with Garlic & Herbs
- Lemon Roasted Green Beans with Almonds & Shallots
- Roasted Radishes
- THE BEST Cauliflower Mash
- Cauliflower Stuffing
- Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Bacon & Red Onion
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
3-Ingredient Cranberry Sauce
- 300 grams fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup if vegan
- In a sauce pan on medium heat combine the cranberries, orange zest, orange juice and honey. Let simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the cranberries have all popped and the mixture has begun to thicken (it will thicken more as it cools)
- Allow to completely cool before serving. You can store it in the fridge for approximately 1 week.