Do you ever get those cravings that just won’t go away no matter how much water you drink or healthy food you eat? You try to ignore it for hours or even days but the craving just persists, like an itch that you can’t scratch.
Well I have good and bad news. The good news is that if like me, that craving is often for Carrot Cake, than I have the fastest and easiest recipe ever to satisfy you. The bad news is that it might just be a little too easy to make this mug cake, so you are going to find yourself making it a lot.
But then again, carrot cake contains a vegetable, so that makes it guilt free right?
This mug cake really couldn’t be any easier to make and is basically fool proof. The only advice I can give is to make sure that you have a big enough cup as it rises when microwaved.
I like including chopped pecans and raisins for some added texture, but if you aren’t a fan then feel free to leave them out. Alternatively if you are one of those people who likes pineapple in your carrot cake (I’m still a bit skeptical) then you can add a tablespoon of chopped pineapple chunks.
For added decadence I top the mug cake with a scoop of coconut cream that is quickly whipped with a teaspoon of honey. If the mug cake is warm the coconut cream melts and becomes a bit messy but so delicious.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Put the coconut oil in the mug and microwave for 15-20 seconds until melted.
- Add to the mug the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon and stir. Next add in the orange juice, vanilla extract, egg, honey and finely shredded carrot. Once everything is mixed add the raisins and chopped nuts.
- Microwave the mug for 2½ to 3 minutes or until the cake has risen and the top is fully cooked and no longer wet to the touch. Serve topped with coconut cream.