12-Minute Herb & Mayo Salmon
If you are looking for an easy salmon recipe, then look no further! This is my go to salmon recipe that is easy enough for weeknight dinner and tasty enough to serve to guests. The salmon is coated in a delicious sauce made with dill, lemon, capers and mayonnaise and baked in the oven until flakey. This Herb & Mayonnaise Salmon takes just 12 minutes to make start to finish and is Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
Salmon is my absolute favourite fish and something that I cook quite regularly when I want a fast and easy dinner that isn’t chicken. Although I cook it often, I have to confess that the majority of the time, I make it the same way. So here it is, a very simple, very fast and very delicious way (and practically the only way) I make salmon.
WHY YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS HERB & MAYONNAISE SALMON
- It is truly foolproof to make! You can’t get an easier salmon recipe than this to prepare which makes it the perfect recipe to try if you are new to cooking or unsure of how to cook salmon.
- This easy to make salmon takes just 12 minutes to prepare start to finish! It’s the perfect meal for when you are short on time.
- Leftovers are just as tasty the next day
- This mayo salmon is keto, whole30, paleo and gluten free!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS HERB & MAYONNAISE SALMON
For this recipe you will need:
After making the sauce, taste it before spooning it onto the salmon. Adjust the sauce by adding more lemon juice, dill or capers depending on your preference.
FRESH DILL OR DRIED DILL?
Although I prefer using fresh dill in this recipe, dried works as well. Because dried herbs have a much stronger concentration of flavour due to the water being removed during dehydration, you should always use less dried herbs than fresh in a recipe. As a general rule, use 3 times the amount of fresh herbs to dried, so for this recipe which calls for 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh dill, only use 1/2 tablespoon of dried dill in its place.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HERB & MAYONNAISE SALMON
It truly couldn’t be any easier to make, it’s foolproof!
- Preheat the oven and place the salmon on a baking dish
- In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, lemon, capers, garlic and dill
- Spread the mixture over the salmon ensuring it is well coated
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes
CAN THIS BE MADE IN THE AIRFRYER
It can! Place the coated salmon in the airfryer and cook for 7 minutes at 400º Fahrenheit.
CAN I MAKE THIS IN ADVANCE
For the best results I wouldn’t recommend cooking the salmon until right before eating. You can however make the dill, caper and lemon mayonnaise and spread it over the salmon and leave in the fridge up to a day in advance. Then simply put it in the oven to cook before serving.
WHAT ABOUT LEFTOVERS
Leftovers will last for up to 2 days in the fridge. I find that leftovers are best enjoyed cold straight from the fridge. While you can reheat them in the oven or a microwave, they can quickly become overcooked and dry out. Its best to reheat salmon low and slow at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until just warmed through.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS MAYO SALMON
I like to add some green beans or asparagus tossed in olive oil to the baking sheet with the salmon that you can bake at the same time for an all in one easy meal.
Other great side dishes to serve with this salmon include:
- Charred Asparagus
- Roasted Radishes
- Lemon Roasted Green Beans with Shallots and Almonds
- Roasted Fennel with Garlic and Herbs
- Roasted Broccoli
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles
Here are a few other salmon recipes that you might enjoy…
- Easy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- Cajun Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa
- Coconut Ginger Salmon
- Spicy Baked Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon Traybake
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Easy Herb & Mayo Baked Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets (approx 6oz each)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius)
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and season each with salt and pepper
- Finely dice the capers, dill. Add the mayonnaise and lemon juice to a bowl and stir in the capers, dill and garlic. Once well mixed spoon the mayo mixture onto each of the salmon fillets and spread it out evenly in a thin layer. Top each of the salmon fillets with a slice of lemon.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with additional dill before serving.
- Preheat the airfryer for 2 minutes at 400 degrees
- Place the salmon fillets coated in the sauce into the airfryer basket and cook for 7 minutes.