Asian Broccoli Salad
This Asian Broccoli Salad is so so good! Broccoli florets are quickly cooked and then tossed in the most insanely delicious asian dressing. This is a great make ahead salad that is always a crowd pleaser. It’s Vegan, Paleo and Whole30 too!
I have to admit that broccoli salad is generally not my thing. I’ve found that broccoli salad generally falls into two categories, either raw and a little too healthy tasting, or smothered in cheese, mayonnaise and bacon to try and disguise the fact that it’s actually broccoli.
Enter my new favourite salad, Asian Broccoli Salad! I honestly can’t get enough of this, which is saying a lot considering the main ingredient is broccoli.
The broccoli is cooked for just 90 seconds so that it loses its raw crunch and becomes slightly tender. The florets are then tossed in a deliciously creamy Asian dressing. I love that the broccoli florets absorb some of the dressing, make each bite extra flavourful.
I kept the other ingredients in the salad very simple. There are sliced scallions to add a sharp kick of fresh flavour, toasted cashews for a bit of texture and crunch and sesame seeds. Don’t feel restricted by the ingredients I’ve included, you could always add in bell peppers, cucumber or shredded carrot.
You can cook the broccoli and make the dressing up to 2 days in advance and then toss it all together right before serving. Leftovers are also great for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Here are a few other easy salads that you might enjoy…
- Creamy Cauliflower Faux-Tato Salad
- Pesto Zoodle Salad with Prosciutto & Pine Nuts
- Roasted Fennel & Green Bean Salad
- Grilled Zucchini & Asparagus Salad
- Carrot Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Roasted Cauliflower, Date, Red Onion & Parsley Salad
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Asian Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup toasted salted cashews
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger
- 2 tsp honey (or 1 medjool date soaked in boiling water for 10 mins for Whole30/Vegan)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While you are waiting for it to boil cut the two heads of broccoli into small bite sized florets
- Once the water is boiling, add in the broccoli and leave to cook for exactly 1 minute (not longer, you don't want them to be mushy!). After 1 minute remove the broccoli and place them in a bowl filled with ice and water. Once the broccoli is cool drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a blender or nutribullet container combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and blend until completely smooth
- In a bowl combine the broccoli florets, cashews, scallions, sesame seeds and toss in the dressing. Serve!