Jerk Chicken & Peach Skewers
I have developed a bit of a skewer obsession this summer and have had so much fun coming up with new combinations of meat, veggies and marinades to thread onto skewers and grill until tender. These Jerk Chicken skewers are one of my favourites thanks to the spicy jerk marinade, charred red onions and peppers and juicy sweet peaches.
This recipe can easily be adapted to suit your taste and what you have on hand. The peaches can be substituted for nectarines, and if you aren’t a fan of spicy food, you can swap the scotch bonnet for something more tame, such as a jalapeno. Also don’t stress if the weather is bad or you don’t have a BBQ, I’ve made these on a grill pan on the stove and they turned out just as well.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Jerk Chicken & Peach SkewersLeave a Review »
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs cut into 1 inch sized chunks
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Honey (or 2 dates to make this Whole30)
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Scotch Bonnet Chilli
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Ripe Peaches Pitted and cut into quarters
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Stem and seeds removed and cut into 1 inch sized chunks
- 1 Large Red Onion Cut into 1 inch sized chunks
- In a blender or nutribullet container combine the garlic, ginger, honey (or dates), allspice, lime juice, cinnamon, thyme, chilli pepper and oil and blend until completely smooth. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade in a bowl and pour the remaining 3/4 into a ziploc bag with the chicken and leave to marinate for minimum 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan to medium high heat. Alternating between the onion, pepper, peaches and marinated chicken, thread the ingredients onto skewers.
- Place the skewers onto the grill and brush any of the excess marinade overtop. Grill for approximately 12-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegges are slightly charred.
- Before serving, brush some of the reserved marinade over the skewers and garnish with chopped parsley.