Easy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
This Spinach Stuffed Salmon is an easy 30 minute meal that looks fancy but is actually easy to prepare! Salmon fillets are stuffed with a creamy spinach and garlic mixture, pan seared and then topped with a simple sauce. This dish is Whole30, Paleo and Keto
This creamy spinach stuffed salmon is a great dish to serve when you want to impress, but are short on time. The salmon is stuffed with a creamy spinach and garlic mixture, pan seared and then served with a simple shallot and lemon sauce. Don’t be intimidated by the stuffed salmon, it really couldn’t be easier to do! I would recommend serving this with creamy cauliflower mash, green beans or asparagus.
How to stuff the salmon:
- Start by slicing the salmon: Place the fillets on a cutting board and place your hand firmly on top (this will make it easier to navigate the knife). Place your knife in the thickest part and slice in 3/4 of the way (but no further as you don’t want to cut all the way through). Depending on the thickness of the salmon, you may only be able to cut a slit in the thicker end of the fillet.
- Make the filling: combine the mayonnaise, spinach, chili flakes and garlic in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Fill the salmon: Gently spoon the filling mixture into the slits in the salmon, don’t overstuff the salmon as the filling will ooze out when it cooks.
Other Salmon Recipes on the site:
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon
- 12-Minute Herb & Mayo Salmon
- Spicy Baked Salmon
- Salmon Nicoise Traybake
- Coconut Ginger Salmon
- Sesame Salmon
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Easy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 4 large salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups raw spinach
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- pinch chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee/butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 wedges lemon
- Place the salmon fillets on a cutting board and carefully cut a pocket in the fillet, being sure not to go more than 3/4 of the way through.
- Add the spinach to a large skillet with a splash of water and cook on medium heat for just a minute until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat and place the cooked spinach in paper towel to remove any excess liquid. Roughly chop the cooked spinach.
- In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, garlic, chopped spinach and chili flakes. Spoon the mixture into each of the pockets in the salmon
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and 1/2 tbsp ghee/butter in a non stick skillet on medium high heat. Place the salmon fillets in the pan with the skin facing up and leave them to cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and gently flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side. Transfer the cooked salmon to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter/ghee to the pan along with the chopped shallots and garlic and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes until the shallots begin to soften. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the lemon juice. Return the salmon fillets to the pan and leave them to cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Before serving spoon the sauce over the salmon fillets and garnish with chopped parsley and slices of lemon.