Delicious and easy to make Paleo Broccoli Fritters made chunks of steamed broccoli and almond flour. These fritters are Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I love dishes that taste indulgent but are secretly full of healthy things making them surprisingly good for you. These broccoli fritters are a guilty pleasure of mine, with a crisp outside and creamy center which tastes more like creamy cheddar and broccoli soup then steamed broccoli.
From what I hear, tricking your kids into unknowingly eating vegetables like broccoli is a big personal victory in the parenting world. Well these Paleo Broccoli Fritters are your new secret weapon. If you don’t have nutritional yeast on hand and are trying to make these fritters child friendly then you can add in 1/3 cup cheddar cheese for some added gooeyness.
These broccoli fritters are great served with a fresh salad and wedge of lemon for a healthy lunch or dinner.
If you are in need of an easy appetizer to serve with a glass of wine to guests, these fritters can also be made bite sized (because I jump at the chance to turn absolutely anything into finger food).
Here are a few other broccoli recipes you will love:
- Roasted Broccoli
- Creamy Chicken, Broccoli & Bacon Casserole
- Asian Broccoli Salad
- Grilled Broccolini with Tahini Sauce
- Broccoli Pesto
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
- 2 1/2 cups chopped steamed broccoli
- 3/4 cups Almond Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (or parmesan for SCD)
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting the florets off the steamed broccoli and cutting them into small pieces. Cut the stalks into small, thin slices.
- In a food processor combine the almond flour, eggs, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the chopped broccoli and stir through
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, use a ladle to spoon the batter into the pan to form small patties.. Allow the fritters to cook for 3 minutes until lightly golden and then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side. Once cooked transfer to a paper towel and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remainder of the fritters.
- Serve warm with a lemon wedge