This Paleo Sesame Salmon is coated a sesame sauce and baked in the oven until caramelized. A perfect weeknight dinner that is ready in under 30 mins! This Salmon is Whole30, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I was born and raised on the west coast of Canada where salmon is practically its own food group (and not maple syrup or seal like many stereotypes would have you believe).
Salmon is not only delicious but its also one of the most nutritious fish you can eat. One of the most well known nutritional benefits of eating salmon is its high concentration of omega 3 fatty acids, which promote healthy joints and skin and reduce the risk of heart disease. Omega-3 cannot be produced naturally by the body and must be obtained through your diet so you should try to eat two servings of salmon per week to get enough fatty acid. Salmon is also high in protein with 225 grams (1/2 this recipe) containing the recommended daily amount of 45 grams which will help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
This is my absolute favorite way to prepare salmon. This recipe requires less then 10 minutes of hands on preparation and takes just 10 minutes to cook making it the perfect weeknight dinner. The Asian sauce of sesame, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and lime is full of flavor and becomes thick and sticky once cooked. To prepare the dish, the fish is marinated in the sauce for approximately 30 minutes to enhance the flavours and allow them to meld together. The salmon is then quickly broiled in the oven until the sauce becomes caramelized and the sesame topping forms a crisp crust on the outside while the center of the fish is flaky and moist. I like serving this Paleo Sesame Salmon with steamed vegetables and cauliflower rice and always make extra as the fish is delicious served cold with a salad the following day. Even if you aren’t a fan of salmon, give this recipe a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Other Salmon Recipes on the site:
- Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon
- 12-Minute Herb & Mayo Salmon
- Spicy Baked Salmon
- Salmon Nicoise Traybake
- Coconut Ginger Salmon
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
- 500 grams boneless Salmon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- In a bowl combine the garlic, coconut aminos/tamari, ginger, lime juice, honey, oils and sesame seeds and whisk together.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and pour the sauce overtop. Place the dish in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to broil and ensure the oven rack is at the top. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, watching carefully to ensure it does not burn (if the salmon is darkening too quickly, lower the rack). After 10-12 minutes the top of the salmon should be golden brown and the flesh of the thicket part of the salmon should be opaque. Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle any of the excess caramelized sauce from the pan over the salmon and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Enjoy!