With the weather in London this March reaching 20 degrees two weekends in a row, I may have gotten a little ahead of myself with summer barbecue planning (but after 5 months of wet and cold weather can you really blame me?). This is a great appetizer to serve with a glass of wine or on top of a bed of rocket as a light lunch. With only 4 ingredients these little parcels come together in less than 5 minutes and are filled with flavour. Fruit and cheese is one of my favourite flavour combinations and I really think the strong taste of blue cheese work well with the sweetness of pear. I am a massive fan of blue cheese but for those who prefer a milder tasting cheese, brie also works well.
- 1 Pear
- Stilton or Gorgonzola (Cambozola is also a great option)
- 4-5 slices Prosciutto
- Handful of rocket
- Balsamic Glaze (optional)
- Slice the pear into eighths which is perfect for serving 2-3 people. Depending on the length of the prosciutto slices I normally cut them in half but you can leave them in one piece if they are smaller in size (plus it will help everything stay together better when eating)
- On each piece of prosciutto place a pear slice, a small piece of the cheese and a few rocket leaves.
- Assemble by wrapping the prosciutto around the pear/cheese and rocket. Insert a toothpick if necessary to keep the parcels together.
- Although not necessary you can serve with a quick drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!