Zucchini & Walnut Bread
My Mom used to make the best Zucchini Bread when I was growing up. I remember it wasn’t nearly as common a thing back then, and at school kids and teachers alike would give me a look of disgust when I told them what I had brought for my morning snack.
Well 20 years later it seems SA is now the one giving me that same look when I told him about this recipe… but then he tasted it. While grocery shopping last week, I saw a deal on zucchini and may have taken things a little too far (this will become very evident with the number of zucchini recipes I post in the coming week).
This bread is very quick and easy to make, it takes just 5 minutes of preparation time and an hour in the oven. It’s incredibly moist and can last up to 6 months in the freezer.
I enjoy eating it straight from the oven, or for breakfast toasted and topped with jam. To ease kids into the idea of zucchini bread try adding a handful of chocolate chips into the first few batches.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Zucchini & Walnut BreadLeave a Review »
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups of grated zucchini well packed should be approx. 2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- Set the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin with parchment paper, this will make removing it after baking much easier
- In a mixing bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Once well combined add in the eggs, honey and coconut oil and mix.
- Finally stir in the chopped walnuts and shredded zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and put in the oven for 45 minutes I usually cover the bread with tin foil to ensure that it doesn't brown too quickly on top
- The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan and slicing.