Prawn, Zucchini & Asparagus Skewers
Skewers are one of my favourite things to cook on the barbecue, they are super simple to prepare and incredibly versatile. I love adding unique ingredients and pairing flavours that you wouldn’t normally enjoy together, like these Beef, Fig & Red Onion skewers.
This Prawn, Zucchini and Asparagus recipe is a lighter alternative to the beef skewers. I normally grill zucchini in chunks, but found that the thin strips would not only look prettier but also compliment the other fresh flavours. Try to use yellow zucchini as they add a beautiful burst of colour, but if you can’t find them, simply double the quantity of green ones. The asparagus, prawns and zucchini are coated in a lemon and herb sauce which keeps the favours light and fresh.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Prawn, Zucchini & Asparagus SkewersLeave a Review »
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 green zucchini
- 5 large asparagus
- 10 prawns
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat the barbecue or a sandwich press to medium high heat.
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, parsley, oregano and chili flakes. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the prawns and set aside. s
- Cut the asparagus in half. Cut the ends off the zucchini, and using a vegetable peeler cut the zucchini into wide long strips. You could also use a knife to cut the slices but try to make them as thin as possible. You will need 10 slices of yellow and 10 slices of green zucchini.
- Start by threading a yellow zucchini slice onto the skewer followed by a prawn, asparagus spear and green zucchini ribbon. Repeat the process so that there are two of each ingredient on a skewer. Do the same process for the remaining 4 skewers.
- Cook the skewers for approximately 4 minutes per side, brushing each side with sauce per flipping. Grill until the prawns are pink and the veggies are lightly charred. Serve warm.