Chinese Chicken Salad
This Chinese Chicken Salad is crunchy, light and so delicious! It’s packed with crunchy carrots, almonds, shredded chicken, sliced peas and juicy chunks of orange. This salad takes less than 30 minutes to make and leftovers will last for up to 3 days in the fridge.
By the end of January, a lot of people’s dedication to eating healthy begins to waver after a month of the same healthy salads over and over. Well fear not, I have a new delicious salad to add to your healthy eating roster that’s not only packed full of flavour but also incredibly simple to make.
So what’s in my healthy version of a Chinese Chicken Salad? Juicy chunks of mandarin oranges, crisp slices of snow peas, crunchy flaked almonds, spicy spring onions, thin slices of red onion, matchstick sized pieces of carrots and lots of shredded chicken, all tossed in a bed napa cabbage and served with a slightly sweet orange and ginger dressing. This is one very delicious salad that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
To keep things as simple as possible I recommend using a precooked chicken. I had a leftover cooked chicken breast from the night before that I shredded, but you can also use a store bought rotisserie chicken (no one will judge you for cutting a few corners I promise!).
I am a big fan of napa cabbage (often also referred to as chinese cabbage). It’s a cross between lettuce and green cabbage with more substance then romaine, but less dense and crunchy then green cabbage.
Here are a few other chicken salad recipes that you might enjoy…
- Thai Chicken Larb Salad
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Tandoori Chicken & Grilled Peach Salad
- Chicken & Pomelo Salad
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Chinese Chicken SaladLeave a Review »
- 1 chicken breast shredded
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 red onion cut into thin slices
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds toasted
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp honey* (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing, set aside.
- Wash the snow peas and cut them diagonally into thin slices. Peel the mandarin orange, remove as much of the white pith as possible and cut each segment into thirds.
- In a large salad bowl combine the napa cabbage, shredded chicken, red onion, sliced carrots, snow peas, spring onions, chopped coriander and sesame seeds. Toss with the salad dressing and sprinkle with the flaked almonds before serving.