Lemon & Herb Grilled Chicken
With only a few days of August left I am squeezing in my final barbecue recipe of the summer before September officially arrives (cue silent sobs).
This is such a simple herb and garlic marinade. While I am normally one for big bold flavours, I love how versatile this chicken is due to the mild flavours of the marinade. That being said if you want a bit more of a kick, feel free to add in more garlic or lemon.
The rosemary and thyme can also be increased in quantity or swapped out for oregano or basil depending on what you have on hand. As with all recipes on this site, don’t forget to increase the amount of herbs you use by 3 times if you are using fresh instead of dried.
One of my favourite time saving hacks is to double or triple this recipe, and then freeze the raw chicken in the marinade in ziploc bags. I find that this results in really flavourful and tender chicken that is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Although I think this chicken develops the best flavour when grilled on the barbecue, you could also cook it on a grill pan on the stove, or bake it in the oven for 20 minutes at 425F (220C).
Because I know how dull a plate of chicken can look, I like arranging the thighs with a few sprigs of fresh herbs and slices of grilled lemon which can be squeezed over top when serving.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite1) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Lemon & Herb Grilled ChickenLeave a Review »
- 7 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- In a large zip loc bag combine the chicken along with all of the ingredients for the marinade. Shake to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Place the bag in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours but ideally overnight, flipping the bag over once so that the chicken is well coated.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Once hot cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side until there is no pink in the middle and it is cooked through.