Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken lettuce wraps are a fast and easy weeknight dinner that is perfect for feeding a crowd. This is a great dish is make ahead, and then reheat later when everyone is ready for dinner, or alternatively, eat over a few days for lunch/dinner. The filling even freezes well so you could toss any leftovers in the freezer where it will last for up to 3 months.
I’ve added a few extra veggies into the filling to make it a more nutritious dish, and the chicken can easily be substituted for ground turkey or pork.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Chicken Lettuce WrapsLeave a Review »
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red chili (or more depending on desired spiciness)
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground chicken (or pork)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 head butter lettuce or gem lettuce
- Start by making the sauce. To a nutribullet container or blender combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the flavouring by adding more chili, ginger etc if desired
- Make sure that all of the veggies are chopped and ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat and then add in the diced onion and garlic. Leave to cook for about 2 minutes until the onions become translucent and then add in the ground chicken. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat up into a crumbly texture.
- After 4 minutes of cooking add in the diced celery, mushrooms, carrot and ginger and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until the mushrooms have softened and the chicken is no longer pink and completely cooked through.
- Finally add green onions and 2/3 of the sauce. Stir to ensure everything is well coated and warmed through before removing from the heat.
- Serve the meat mixture spooned into the lettuce cups with the remaining sauce drizzled overtop and chopped cashews for garnish.