Zucchini Banana Muffins
These Paleo Zucchini Banana Muffins are packed with lots of shredded zucchini and chunks of banana. They are a great make ahead breakfast you can enjoy for quick and easy breakfast on the go throughout the week. They will last for up to 5 days in the fridge. They are Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I have been getting so many requests for more zucchini recipes, so ask and you shall receive! I absolutely LOVE the flavour of these Zucchini Banana Muffins. They have a light and moist texture with chunks of banana, shredded zucchini and crunchy walnuts. These are great for meal prep for a busy week ahead, make a batch on Sunday and enjoy them for quick and easy breakfasts on the go or a light snack.
Tips for Making These Zucchini Banana Muffins:
- Drain the zucchini: Squeeze, squeeze, squeeze all of the excess moisture out of the shredded zucchini
- Don’t overmix the batter: almond flour is an oily flour so the more you mix, the more oil that is released into the batter which will result in dense oily muffins.
- Oil the muffin cups: if not using muffin liners, be sure to oil the muffin tray well with melted coconut oil so the muffins don’t stick.
- Cover the muffins while baking: depending on your oven, the muffins brown quickly while baking. Cover them with a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent the tops burning while the center of the muffins is undercooked.
- Allow them to cool: Once the muffins are done baking, allow them to cool on the countertop for 10 minutes before trying to remove them from the muffin tray.
- Storage: these muffins are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. This will ensure they stay moist and don’t dry out. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Here are a few more muffin recipes that you might enjoy:
- Zucchini, Lemon & Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Rhubarb & Orange Muffins
- Cranberry, Orange & Pecan Muffins
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Zucchini Banana Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and line a muffin tray with liners
- Using a cheese grater, grate the zucchini. Place the grated zucchini between paper towel and squeeze firmly to remove as much water as possible.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the banana, eggs, vanilla and honey and mix until the banana is beaten into a smooth consistency.
- Add in the baking soda, cinnamon, almond flour, coconut flour and salt and mix until well combined. Finally add in the grated zucchini and chopped walnuts.
- Divide the batter between 9-10 muffin cups, and be sure to fill them right to the top as the muffins will not rise when baked. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the tops of the muffins begin to brown too quickly while baking, place a piece of tin foil overtop. Store in an airtight container.