Rhubarb & Orange Muffins
Muffins are a very foreign thing to me, I used to find them very bland. I think I based my opinion on the few times I bought one from Starbucks, and lets be honest, they aren’t very good. Flavorless, spongy, sugar filled muffins, I’ll pass thanks.
These Rhubarb & Orange Muffins have made me realize how delicious muffins can be. Melt in your mouth moist with a slight tartness from the chopped rhubarb and sweetness from the stewed rhubarb and orange, these muffins are bursting with flavor. They stay moist in a container for days and are great eaten warm, cold, with butter or jam or all by themselves. Healthy enough for breakfast, small enough for a snack and sweet enough for dessert, I seemed to be able to justify eating at least 3 a day for the past week, they are just that good. To be honest, I think next time I may halve the recipe as a batch of 12 of these sitting on my counter is a little too dangerous for my liking.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Rhubarb & Orange MuffinsLeave a Review »
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda
- Add the honey, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, stewed rhubarb, orange juice and zest to the dry mixture and stir until well combined
- Add in the chopped rhubarb and stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter
- Insert muffin liners into a muffin tray and then fill each liner with batter (I like to fill them almost to the top which makes for nice big muffins)
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes (I normally cover the trays with tin foil after 15-20 minutes of baking to ensure the tops don't burn) Remove from the oven once a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let cool and serve. These muffins also freeze well. Enjoy!