Banana Bread Mug Cake
All you need is a handful of ingredients, a mug and a microwave to make this Paleo Banana Bread Mug Cake. This is the perfect 5 minute recipe for when you are craving Banana Bread but don’t have time to make a loaf! This Paleo Mug Cake is also Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I am so excited to share this recipe. I am a massive fan of banana bread and don’t want to brag, but think I have mastered the art of making the perfect loaf.
In my opinion the key is not overcooking the bread so that is remains super moist, and adding lots of banana so that it’s bursting with flavour.
While I try to always have a loaf of my banana bread in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack, sometimes I’m just not that organized. So here is my solution, a super fast single serving banana bread recipe that requires just a mug and a microwave, it’s so easy.
One of the keys to making this Paleo Banana Bread Mug Cake really delicious is using a very ripe banana, the more black spots the more flavour the bread will have. Ripe bananas are much easier to digest then firmer green or yellow ones and also increase in antioxidant levels as they ripen. Depending on how sweet the banana you are using is, you can skip the honey in this recipe to cut down on the total amount of sugar.
I think this Paleo Mug Cake would be a big hit with kids as it’s exciting to watch the bread rise and cook so quickly in the microwave in just a few short minutes. I added walnuts to the bread for a bit of crunch, but you could substitute them for chocolate chips or raisins for added texture.
Here are a few other banana recipes that you might enjoy:
- The Best Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Paleo Banana Pancakes
- Ginger Spiced Banana Bread
- Upside Down Caramelized Banana Bread in a Skillet
- Banana Bread Energy Balls
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Put the coconut oil in the mug and microwave for 15-20 seconds until melted.
- Cut the peeled banana into chunks and place in the mug. Using a fork, mash it against the side of the mug until its blended into a puree.
- Add to the mug the coconut flour, almond flour and baking soda. When adding the apple cider vinegar try to ensure that it makes contact with the baking soda (the baking soda will fizz when it touches the apple cider)
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and walnuts. Stir until well combined.
- Microwave the mug for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until the banana bread has risen and the top is fully cooked and no longer wet to the touch. Serve topped with chopped walnuts or banana chips.