Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
These Paleo Lemon Blueberry Pancakes are packed with zesty lemon and juicy blueberries. They take just 20 minutes to make and are a great grain free pancake to add to your weekend breakfast repertoire. They are Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
I’m really ashamed about the lack of pancake recipes on this site. After almost 4 years this is only the second recipe that I have shared!
Truthfully sweet breakfasts aren’t really my thing, so when I tell you that I managed to eat the entire stack in one sitting, that says A LOT about how good these are.
Lemon & blueberry is one of my favourite flavour combinations. I love the contrast of zesty lemon with the juicy blueberries that are so naturally sweet.
I have included honey in the ingredients, but because there is already so much sweetness from the blueberries, you can reduce the amount or even skip the honey altogether.
I am a bit of a klutz when it comes to flipping anything over in a pan, so I prefer to make these pancakes small. If you are a skilled pancake flipper then you can try and make them a bit bigger, but I think that keeping them on the smaller side (under 2 tablespoon per pancake) works best.
As a Canadian it is my patriotic duty to suggest topping these with maple syrup, but as it’s not allowed on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, I prefer to thin honey with a few squirts of lemon juice and then drizzle it over top of the pancakes for a maple syrup like effect.
I think that you are really going to enjoy these pancakes. They take less then 15 minutes to make, and are practically fool proof. You could also substitute the blueberries for raspberries, blackberries or a combination of all three.
Love these Paleo Lemon & Blueberry Pancakes? Here are a few other pancake and waffle recipes that you will enjoy:
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles
- Ham & Chive Waffles
- Extra Banana Banana Pancakes
- Paleo Banana Pancakes
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, honey, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Add in the coconut flour and whisk it until there are no clumps left in the flour.
- Next add in the almond flour, lemon juice, baking soda and almond flour. Stir until smooth.
- Heat the butter or coconut oil in a non stick skillet. Pour spoonfuls of the batter onto the skillet (I usually do approx 2 tbsp per pancake). Place blueberries into each pancake and let cook for approximately 4 minutes until the edges become slightly crisp. Flip and continue to cook for another 3 to 4 minute until golden.
- Serve the pancakes topped with blueberries and honey (or maple syrup if not SCD). Enjoy!