Roasted Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
When trying to come up with a creative way to prepare Brussels sprouts, I turned to one of my favourite salads, Caesar salad, a guaranteed crowd pleaser. I love the combination of both crunchy and cooked brussels sprouts as a base for this salad. The most time consuming part of this recipe is thinly slicing the Brussel sprouts but it’s worth the effort and can be done a day or two in advance. Cut the brussels sprouts that are going to be baked, slightly thicker than the thinly shaved brussels sprouts that will be added in raw so they don’t become mushy when cooked. To make this Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad a hearty meal add in chicken, shrimp or salmon for some extra protein.
Here are a few other side dishes that you might enjoy:
- Brussels Sprout & Bacon Hash
- Honey Mustard Glazed Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout, Apple & Walnut Slaw
- Asian Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout Chips
- Sheet Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Bacon & Red Onion
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Brussel Sprout Caesar Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius (400 degrees fahrenheit)
- Wash the brussel sprouts and cut off any thick stems. Divide the brussels sprouts in half. For the first portion, cut each in half and then into small wedges. Place the sliced brussels sprouts on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until they are tender and beginning to darken in colour.
- For the second portion of brussels sprouts, cut them in half and then thinly shave them. Place the shaved brussels sprouts in a salad bowl.
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth. Taste and add more balsamic vinegar, lemon or mustard as required.
- Once the roasted brussels sprouts are done baking, add them to the salad bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle the salad dressing overtop and garnish the pumpkin seeds before serving.