Spicy Mango Popsicles
These Spicy Vegan Mango Popsicles are a wonderful summer treat. They contain just 4 ingredients and are naturally sweet with an unexpected kick of spice. These popsicles are Vegan, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Nut Free, and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
These Vegan Mango popsicles are a spin on Mango con Chile y Limon, one of my favourite things to enjoy on the beach when on holiday in Mexico. I love the combination of creamy mango, with the freshness of lime and unexpected kick of spice. These are not your average fruit popsicles, they are so much better. If you aren’t a fan of spice you can reduce the amount of chili powder, but I personally think 1/2 teaspoon is perfect for anyone who wants a bit of heat without completely overpowering the popsicle.
The ingredients you need to make these popsicles:
- Mangoes: I recommend using very ripe mango for the best flavour, but to cut costs you could use frozen mango. If the mango you are using is not very ripe you many need to add in 1 tsp of honey for sweetness.
- Lime Juice: The acidic lime juice helps to cut through the sweetness of the mangoes and gives the popsicles are refreshing flavour.
- Cayenne Pepper: Either cayenne pepper or chili powder work in this recipe. As a last resort you could alternatively use chipotle chili powder to give the popsicles a smokey spiciness.
Why you are going to love these Vegan Mango popsicles:
- Flavour bombs! They are sweet, creamy, tart, refreshing and spicy, what more could you ask for in a popsicle??
- 4 Ingredients! They only contain 4 ingredients, 3 of which you will likely already have in your kitchen cupboard. Just make sure you have 2 very ripe mangoes and you are ready to go!
- They are a healthy option when you are craving something sweet: They are Paleo, Vegan and SCD and are naturally sweetened with only mango, nothing else.
- They take just minutes to make: These popsicles couldn’t be any easier to make, just toss everything into a blender and blend. The hardest part is waiting the 2 hours for them to freeze before enjoying!
Here are a few other frozen treats that are perfect for summer…
- Nut Butter & Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Caramelized Peaches & Cream Popsicles
- Cherry Ripple & Almond Crunch Ice Cream
- Pina Colada Ice Cream
- Almond Butter & Banana Popsicles
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Spicy Mango Popsicles
- 2 large mangoes (approx 2 cups diced mango)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the puree into the popsicle moulds and gently tap the mould onto the counter top to remove any air bubbles in the puree. Put a popsicle into each mould and transfer to the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.