Loaded Hamburgers with Special Sauce
These Loaded Burgers are so much better than anything you get at a drive thru. A juicy grilled patty is topped with caramelized onions, bacon, a pickle and creamy special sauce and served between two wedges of crisp lettuce. Fire up the grill because summer is here and it’s time to make your new favourite Keto and Whole30 burgers.
One of my favourite things about summer (other than the hot weather) is barbecues and while I love grilled veggies and chicken, my favourite barbecue food is hamburgers. These loaded Whole30 burgers are something that I have been eating almost weekly every summer for years which makes them more than worthy of having a spot on the blog.
The juicy patties are grilled to perfection and then topped with all of my favourite burger toppings, caramelized onions, bacon, pickles and a special sauce. I actually prefer using lettuce buns to a traditional bread bun because it really lightens up the burger and doesn’t make you feel as full after eating. The lettuce really lets the patty and toppings shine.
Why you are going to love these Loaded Whole30 Burgers:
- The patties have a lot of flavour: I love adding some flavour to my patties so they aren’t just beef. In these patties I’ve added grated red onion, garlic and paprika. I use store bought ground beef but if you are a beef patty snob (no judgement here!) I would recommend combining equal quantities sirloin and chuck in a food processor and blending into a mince.
- The Sauce! It’s such a delicious mayo based sauce that you will find yourself smothering over the burger. It’s a mix of mayonnaise, mustard, tomato paste, vinegar, paprika and coconut aminos and tastes just like the burger sauce you get at places like In-N-Out or Shake Shack.
- Leftovers: I always make extra patties and toppings so that I can assemble all of the leftovers together the next day, or alternatively you can toss everything into a bowl with a lettuce base to make a hearty deconstructed hamburger salad.
- The lettuce bun is a game changer: I absolutely love using lettuce as a bun, they are easy to assemble and really add a nice freshness to the burger. I recommend wrapping the assembled burger with parchment paper to help hold them together and make the burgers much easier to eat.
Let’s talk burger toppings:
- Caramelized Onions: they take a bit of time to make but are so worth it. Plus you can make them a day or two in advance and quickly reheat before serving without sacrificing on taste or texture. They are sweet and sticky and melt in your mouth. Definitely don’t skip them.
- The Special Sauce: This is a cross between White Spot Triple O sauce (something I grew up eating) and the sauce served on In N Out Burgers. It is a mayo based and slightly tart, sweet and tangy.
- Sliced Pickle: I love sliced pickles in my burger. You can use store bought or make your one! My recipe for easy peasy pickles is incredibly simple to make.
- Crispy Bacon: let’s be honest, bacon makes everything taste even better.
- Thinly Sliced Tomatoes
- Other topping options: Sautéed mushrooms, smashed avocado, melted cheese (for those who eat dairy), relish or mustard
Here are a few other ground beef recipes:
- Mexican Beef Taco Salad
- Classic Beef Lasagna
- Mexican Meatballs
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Beef & Cauliflower Rice Mexican Casserole
- Spaghetti Bolognese Casserole
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Loaded Hamburgers with Special Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tbsp grated red onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coconut aminos (or tamari/soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium sized tomatoes thinly sliced
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 3 large pickles thinly sliced
- Start by preparing the caramelized onions. In a non stick pan on medium heat add the oil and once hot add in the sliced onion and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 6 minutes until they begin to turn a golden colour. Reduce the heat to medium low, add 3 tbsp of water and leave the onions to cook for 20 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- To prepare the special sauce combine all of the special sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined. Taste and adjust the flavouring as desired. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the burgers and use your hands to mix it together. Shape the mixture into four patties approximately 3/4 inch in thickness around the outside and slightly thinner in the middle for more even cooking.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan to medium high heat and brush with oil. Cook the patties for 3 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are cooking prepare the remaining toppings. Cut the iceberg lettuce into quarters and pull the leaves out from the inside to separate each quarter into two halves.
- To assemble the burgers spread the sauce on the inside of the lettuce. Top with 2 slices of tomato, strips of bacon, sliced pickles and a large spoonful of caramelized onion. Add the beef patty on top and spread the special sauce overtop. Place the other half of the lettuce leaf on top like a sandwich and wrap the burger in parchment paper to make it easier to eat.
I go to see day-to-day a few web sites and websites to
read articles or reviews, but this blog gives quality
I Can’t eat wheat. The lettuces “bun” are a great idea. Good hamburger.
We made this tonight and it was wonderful! The sauce was so good! We will do this again!
All details you describe in your blog post about burger boxes is very informative for me. CustomBoxesU provides custom burger Boxes packaging with suitable price.
I am new to your site. which quite surprisingly good. soo let me tell you our business. we provide the best pen boxes for your pen which is you are looking for. we are working for a number of years in the field of packaging. We offer the best rates for your packaging so that it can be affordable for you. Moreover, we also offer wholesale rates so that you can have maximum from us.
Best burger I ever ate thank you for such a beautiful recipe. Also so easy to adapt for one person on SCD and two on a regular diet. I had lettuce, they had buns
We provide high quality Custom CBD Oil Boxes with cheap prices. The best part of our company is that we have the wide range of products which are suitable for any business.
Nice Blog Very interesting and useful information on your website.
Thanks for sharing the blog and this great information which is definitely going to help us.
I am grateful to this blog site providing special as well as useful understanding concerning this subject.
I appreciate your post thanks for the information. Some products require special packaging solutions that keep their worth and value intact. Custom Mailer Boxes Wholesale Packaging with Logo are the best example of it.
The Burger is yummy and i’ll make it once.
We are basically dealing inStylish custom Printed Vape boxes.
I appreciate your post thanks for the information. Some products require special packaging solutions that keep their worth and value intact. Custom Subscription Boxes Wholesale Packaging are the best example of it.
Custom Vape Boxes are the most recognizable introduction of business just as legitimate jobs. Look over the huge assortment of Custom Printed Business Card Packaging Boxes to bundle business cards for your clients.
The loaded hamburger is such a delicious piece of fast food. When you add a spicy combination of sauce to the hamburger it becomes a delicious and tasty food. I recommend sustainable and FDA-approved burger boxes to pack such foods, as safe foods contain a healthy lifestyle.
This material is informational without being boring and intimidating. Xperts Packaging provide any kind of customization in all products.
After shaking hands with the Vape Packaging. you will not be happy to see the revenue but your product will become alluring and charming too because not only the customization characteristics but all the remarkable offers help the traders not only to save the packaging cost but shipping cost too.
Nice Blog, Thanks For Good Shearing We Have Provide Custom Vep Boxes In USA
What’s the best way to make your brand stand out from all others? With Custom Cosmetic Boxes! These sturdy containers are perfect if they have a unique design or logo. Store them in storerooms with ease. Even though these may seem like ordinary custom cosmetic packaging boxes, metal is inside, making them durable enough. Don’t worry about peel-off labels either since we can offer those.