Easy Tomato Ketchup
A simple homemade Whole30 Ketchup recipe that takes less then 30 minutes to make and requires just a handful of ingredients. It’s Grain/Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free, SCD Legal.
I always assumed that making ketchup would require hours of boiling and stirring tomatoes into a thick paste, who knew that it takes less then 25 minutes! I was completely shocked at how quickly you can make deliciously smooth and thick homemade ketchup using just a can of tomatoes and a handful of other ingredients.
Instead of using honey in this recipe, I decided to make this ketchup both vegan and Whole30 by naturally sweetening it was dates. The dates also help to thicken the ketchup once everything is pureed in the blender.
I have a big fear of preserving things so have yet to try with this recipe, but if you are braver then I am, this ketchup could be put in sterilized jars and kept for up to 6 months in a dark place.
Here are a few other condiment recipes you will love:
- 4 Minute Mayonnaise + 4 Flavours
- Fast & Easy Hot Sauce
- Dairy Free Tzatziki
- Egg Free Garlic Aioli (aka Toum)
- Broccoli Pesto
- Oven Roasted Salsa
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Easy Tomato Ketchup
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and then leave to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the stove top and allow to slightly cool before transferring everything to a blender and blending until completely smooth.
- The ketchup will last for about a week in the fridge or alternatively you can store it in sterilized jars in a dark place for up to 6 months.