Asian Salmon Cakes with Tropical Salsa
These Asian Salmon Cakes take less than 30 minutes to make and are perfect for weeknight dinner. They are packed with asian flavours, pan seared and served topped with a spicy tropical fruit salsa. These Paleo Salmon Cakes are Whole30, Grain Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Specific Carbohydrate Diet Legal.
These Asian salmon cakes are so easy to make, they are absolutely fool proof. Simply combine the ingredients, form into patties and fry, there is no chilling the mixture or leaving the cakes in the fridge to ensure they hold together.
The asian flavours in these paleo salmon cakes are vibrant while not overpowering the star ingredient, salmon! These make a fantastic main course for dinner or you can make them smaller in size and serve as an appetizer for guests (my obsession with finger food continues!).
I have a few tips for ensuring that they hold together when frying. Firstly make sure that you don’t make the cakes too large otherwise they will be hard to flip. Place the cakes in the pan and leave them to cook for 5 minutes until a golden crust forms, don’t touch them while they are cooking and be sure to only flip them once.
I have included a recipe for a jalapeño fruit salsa which is a fantastic topping for these cakes but they taste great on their own or with creamy asian sauce.
These Asian Salmon Cakes can be made in under 30 minutes, stored in the fridge as patties for 24 hours before frying and are even delicious reheated as leftovers the next day.
Here are a few more fish and seafood cake recipes that you might enjoy…
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Asian Salmon Cakes
- 500 grams salmon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups almond flour*
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cut the salmon into very small pieces approx 1cm in size
- In a bowl combine the eggs, almond flour, ginger, coconut aminos, sesame oil, lime and scallions, stir until well combined
- Add in the cubed salmon and cilantro and mix until the salmon is evenly distributed throughout the mixture
- Form cakes approximately 2 inches in diameter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat
- Saute the cakes for approximately 5-6 minutes per side or until they turn a golden brown in color
- Serve topped with the fruit salsa. Enjoy!
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1/2 mango
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeño
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 avocado
- Cut the mango and kiwi into 1/4 inch sized pieces
- Finely dice the jalapeno and combine with the fruit, lime zest and juice
- You can make this up to a day in advance and store in the fridge, right before serving cut the avocado into 1/4 inch sized pieces and stir into the salsa
- Serve a large spoonful of salsa on each salmon cake.