Greek Lamb Meatballs
When it comes to minced meat, I think lamb is the king of all ground meats, super moist and rich in flavour. In this recipe the lamb is seasoned with cumin, coriander and lots of chopped mint.
The lamb meatballs can be grilled on the barbecue during this time of year when the weather is nice, or in the winter you can bake them in the oven.
These meatballs are a great meal prep recipe. Double the batch and you will have a delicious protein on hand that you can add to meals throughout the week. They also freeze really well and stay very moist thanks to the egg and red wine.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Greek Lamb MeatballsLeave a Review »
- 500 grams minced lamb
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded mint
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and work everything together using your hands. Make sure that the mixture is well combined.
- Using a spoon form golf ball sized meatballs. Roll the balls between your hands to ensure that each one is well packed.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping them over half way through baking to ensure they brown evenly.