Greek Lamb Meatballs
These Whole30 Greek Lamb Meatballs are packed with grated red onion, garlic, spices and lots of fresh herbs. They take just 30 minutes to make and are delicious served with a simple salad or dairy free tzatziki on the side for dipping. They are Whole30, Paleo & Keto too!
I absolutely love the versatility of these Whole30 Greek Lamb Meatballs. You can serve them as an appetizer with toothpicks to dip them into hummus or tzatziki, on a bed of herby cauliflower rice or grilled vegetables, or toss them into a salad or collard wrap.
When it comes to minced meat, I think lamb is the king of all ground meats, super moist and rich in flavour. In this recipe the lamb is seasoned with cumin, coriander and lots of chopped mint.
The lamb meatballs can be grilled on the barbecue during this time of year when the weather is nice, or in the winter you can bake them in the oven.
These Greek Meatballs are a great meal prep recipe. Double the batch and you will have a delicious protein on hand that you can add to meals throughout the week. Once cooked they freeze really well and stay very moist thanks to the egg and red wine. I recommend freezing the meatballs laid out on a baking sheet to ensure that they don’t stick together and than transferring them to a ziploc bag or air tight container once frozen.
Here are a few other Greek inspired recipes that you might enjoy:
- Greek “Couscous” Salad
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Greek Lamb Burgers
- Dairy Free Tzatziki
- Greek Roast Chicken
- Greek Frittata
- Greek Chicken Traybake
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Greek Lamb Meatballs
- 1 lbs minced lamb
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded mint
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and work everything together using your hands. Make sure that the mixture is well combined.
- Using a spoon form golf ball sized meatballs. Roll the balls between your hands to ensure that each one is well packed.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping them over half way through baking to ensure they brown evenly.