“Couscous” Greek Salad
This Cauliflower Couscous Greek Salad takes just 20 minutes to make and is a great light meal that you can enjoy over a few days. It’s Whole30, Vegan and Keto and the cauliflower really does taste just like traditional couscous once it’s tossed in the delicious dressing.
While in lockdown here in London, one of the foods I have been struggling to get my hands on is lettuce. Because of this I have been forced to experiment with some lettuce free salads and I am so happy with how this turned out.
Cauliflower Couscous FAQs?
- What is cauliflower couscous? it is very finely ground cauliflower that has a meal like consistency similar to couscous
- How do you make it? The same way you make cauliflower rice! Blend cauliflower florets in a food processor for approximately 20 seconds, about twice as long as it should take to make cauliflower rice. Don’t worry about over blending, the finer the better.
- Why use cauliflower couscous vs rice? Because it is eaten raw, the finer texture prevents it from being crunchy and makes it much easier to digest.
- Can I make it using store bought cauliflower rice? Definitely! Just put the cauliflower rice in a food processor and blend for 10 seconds.
This salad holds up really well in the fridge so you can make it to enjoy over 3 or 4 days. You can also bulk it up to make it a heftier meal by serving it topped with chicken, grilled shrimp or fish. For those who are not on a dairy free diet, I highly recommend adding in the feta for added creaminess and a nice salty kick.
Here are a few dishes you could serve with this Couscous Greek Salad:
- Chicken Souvlaki
- Lemon & Herb Ribs
- Sun-dried Tomato Marinated Chicken
- Spicy Baked Salmon
- 12-Minute Herb & Mayo Salmon
- Lemon & Herb Grilled Chicken
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
"Couscous" Greek SaladLeave a Review »
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup halved kalamata olive
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed feta (omit for Paleo/Whole30/Vegan/Dairy Free)
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber cubes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- To make the cauliflower couscous, cut the cauliflower into florets and place them in a food processor. Blend for approximately 10 seconds until the cauliflower has broken down into a fine "couscous" consistency. The pieces should be very fine and approximately 1/4 the size of a piece of cauliflower rice. Measure out 3 cups of the "couscous" and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives and optional feta in the bowl with the couscous and toss until everything is well mixed.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined. Serve or refrigerate for up to 4 days.