Peanut Butter & Zucchini Muffins
Truthfully I am not the biggest fan of coming up with baking recipes, as the combination of almond flour/coconut flour and the lack of baking powder can be a bit of a crapshoot at times. That being said when a recipe comes out of the oven a success I can usually be found doing a little happy dance around my kitchen.
These Zucchini and Peanut Butter Muffins are definitely a success. I’m a big fan of sweet recipes that allow you to sneak extra veggies into your diet (like lemon cream) and although there are bits of shredded zucchini in each bite, these muffins are nothing but sweet deliciousness.
If you have a peanut allergy, the peanut butter can easily be substituted for another nut butter of choice such as almond, cashew or hazelnut.
These are great for breakfast on the go. I like to have mine warm with a touch of butter but they are full of so much delicious peanut butter flavour they are fantastic on their own. These muffins freeze really well so toss any extras in the freezer and they will taste just as moist and delicious when thawed months later.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Peanut Butter & Zucchini MuffinsLeave a Review »
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
- 2 cups shredded zucchini squeezed between paper towels to remove moisture
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a muffin tray with paper liners
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in the vanilla extract, coconut oil, lemon juice, eggs, honey and nut butter. Once well blended stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter, pushing down on the batter to ensure its well packed into the cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.