Hot & Creamy Crab Dip
Holy moly heavenly dip! Are you guys ready for a hot and creamy dip that is going to be my new (and soon your) go to dip for any and every occasion?
This is the perfect dish to bring it a summer BBQ and is guaranteed to be a hit with any crowd.
Crab is generally not a cheap ingredient to use, so I am always amazed at how many crab dips I have tried seem to make cheese the star of the show, completely masking the delicious pieces of crab meat.
I really wanted this dip to be just as creamy as traditional crab dip (but obviously dairy free) and I can confirm that it is pure ooey gooey deliciousness.
You can prep this dip up to two days in advance and then quickly heat it up in the oven right before serving.
I have included the recipe for a simple fake parmesan that can be sprinkled on top of the dip before baking to give it a bit of crunchy texture. The topping is totally optional and the dip is just as good without it.
I found a really simple alternative to grain free crackers and vegetable sticks that is fantastic served alongside this dish. I peeled a daikon radish and cut it into thin slices like a cracker. They are incredibly sturdy, mild in flavour and perfect for loading with this crab dip.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite1) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
- 2 tbsp brazil nuts
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (or parmesan for SCD) (or 1 tsp grated parmesan)
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius)
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients for the dip. Stir until well mixed and then transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until hot and bubbly
- While the dip is baking, add the brazil nuts and nutritional yeast to a food processor and pulse until broken down into a fine crumble.
- Remove the dip from the oven, sprinkle the top with the brazil nut mixture and then return to the oven for 3 to 4 more minutes until it is golden in colour. Sprinkle the dip with chopped spring onions before serving.