Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Dip
I am a total sucker for a creamy dip and love that they can easily be made compliant on Whole30. This Jalapeo Chicken Dip is full of so much flavour and really delicious. I actually served this to a big group of junk food loving friends and no one had any clue that it was Dairy Free or Paleo.
This dip can be made a day or two in advance and is truthfully just as good cold as it is served bubbly hot.
I like serving it with carrots, cucumber, red pepper slices and thinly cut daikon radish, but crackers or tortilla chips are also great for those not going grain free.
For the shredded chicken you can use any leftover chicken you might have in the fridge, or alternatively use rotisserie chicken. If you aren’t a fan of chicken I think that shrimp or prawns would also work well instead.
Whether its a Sunday football spread, drinks with friends or you are just craving something creamy with a bit of spice, this jalapeno chicken dip really ticks all of the boxes.
If you make this recipe let me know in the comment section below, I would love to hear what you think or take a photo and tag me (@everylastbite_) on Instagram, I love seeing your photos!
Creamy Jalapeno Chicken DipLeave a Review »
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 1/4 cup grated red onion
- 1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350F)
- In a bowl stir together the mayonnaise, cumin, paprika and chipotle. Once well mixed add in the remaining ingredients and make sure everything is stirred really well so that the shredded chicken is well mixed in and coated.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven proof dish and bake for 30 minutes until the dip is heated through, golden on top and the outer edges are bubbling.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped scallions or cilantro and serve with veggies, tortilla chips or crackers.